3. DREAM HOUSE
1. Dream House Design Requirements and Bubble, Block and Rough Floor Plans- Directions
2. It is helpful to keep the following "standards" in mind when designing your floor plan. Refer to these Basic Floor Plan Requirements
3. Creating a good elevation sketch of your house is key to describing the style you are trying to achieve.Elevation Sketches: Look at some examples.
4. Starting your floor plan in CAD- Schematic CAD Floor Plan Directions
- Reference for estimating stair sizes and layouts- CAD file
5. Refining your Elevation Sketches- Front Elevation Sketch with Schematic Floor Plans
6. "Blocking Out" your house elevations- CAD Blocked Elevation Directions and CAD File
7. Drawing the Basement/ Foundation for your house- Foundation Plans Directions and Foundation Plan CAD file
9. Adding Dimensions and Notes to your floor plan- CAD Floor Plans with Dimensions and Tags
10. Doors and Windows- Labeling Windows & Doors and Creating Schedules and CAD File
11. Adding Detail, Notes and Material Hatch to your elevation. Elevations- Adding Material Hatch and Notes and CAD Reference File
Dictionary of Architectural Terms- PDF reference file.
12. Wall Sections- Directions
Student CAD File REVIT File
Typical Wall Section Examples: Brick and Siding: PDF
Window Detail- CAD file
13. Construction Details- Directions
Student Reference Drawing- PDF
Student Starter CAD file- DWG
14. Stair Section
Stair Section and Reference Notes - PDF
Student's basic stair section refrence drawing PDF and teacher's drawing refrence notes- PDF
CAD reference files.
15. Roof Plans
Roof Terminoloy and Examples-PDF
Example CAD Roof Plan with vent calculations
Roof Plan student peer review check- PDF
Electrical Plans- Example CAD reference file.
16. Plumbing Diagrams- Example CAD reference file.
16. Site Plan- CAD reference file
17. Paper Space Layout- PDF