3. DREAM HOUSE
1. Dream House Design Requirements and Bubble, Block and Rough Floor Plans- Directions
2. It is helpful to keep the following "standards" in mind when designing your floor plan. Refer to these Basic Floor Plan Requirements
3. Creating a good elevation sketch of your house is key to describing the style you are trying to achieve.Elevation Sketches: Look at some examples.
4. Starting your floor plan in CAD- Rough CAD Floor Plan Directions
- Reference for estimating stair sizes and layouts- CAD file
5. Developing your CAD Floor Plan further- Schematic CAD Floor Plan Directions
6. Refining your Elevation Sketches- Front Elevation Sketch with Schematic Floor Plans
7. "Blocking Out" your house elevations- CAD Blocked Elevation Directions and CAD File
8. Drawing the Basement/ Foundation for your house- Foundation Plans Directions and Foundation Plan CAD file
9. Adding Dimensions to your floor plan- CAD Floor Plans with Dimensions and Tags
10. Doors and Windows- Labeling Windows & Doors and Creating Schedules and CAD File
11. Adding Detail, Notes and Material Hatch to your elevation. Elevations- Adding Material Hatch and Notes and CAD Reference File
Dictionary of Architectural Terms- PDF reference file.
12. Wall Sections- Directions
Student CAD File REVIT File
Typical Brick Wall Section- PDF
Typical Siding Wall Section- PDF (Flat Roof Option- PDF)
13. Construction Details- Directions and CAD reference files.
14. Stair Section- PDF Stair Section and Reference Notes and CAD reference files.
15. Electrical Plans- Example CAD reference file.
16. Plumbing Diagrams- Example CAD reference file.
16. Site Plan- CAD reference file